[Collab] F2 - 2-7-0 - Better than Appletini!

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Black Mamba

Re: [Collab] F2 - 2-7-0 - Better than Appletini!

Post by Black Mamba »

Yeah, I never knew why they did it that way. Kinda massively stupid. Anyway, those helos can all transport rucksacks. Unloading 10 full rucks would be a fun way to resupply. I started working on it once, and let go, but I could go back to it, given some time.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I've added 5xcars and 3xTrucks to each faction. They've been named FACTIONNAME_CARx/FACTIONNAME_TRx

We have the following problems:

BAF
No trucks. Options
- use MVTR, problem: different carbine. Equalize Carbines?

TK Local
No unarmed car. Options:
- use unarmed BTR-40 (armored but similar speed and same cargo capacity as UAZ)
- use TK Civ UAZ (problem: treated as different faction thus different gear script. By default TK Civ and TK Gue gear are identical)

TK Insurgents
- no unarmed cars, no IFV, no truck
options:
- use unarmed BTR-40 as 4x4 (armored but similar speed and same cargo capacity as UAZ)
- use TK Army BMP2/Truck/Car (problem: TK Army have different rifle and carbine mags.)
- use TK Local BRDM2/Truck
- use CHDKZ BMP2/Truck/UAZ (problem: wood camo)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

wolfenswan wrote:BAF
No trucks. Options
You could give each squad 2x unarmed Offroads, resulting in splitting a total of 20/180 across two vics. But that's messy and requires a "half-truck" loadout... AFAIK, though, BAF and US carbines should be ammo compatible (yay NATO!), so it shouldn't matter, right? And having M4's in the back instead of L85's seems to properly reflect a legitimate military logistics cockup :hist101:
wolfenswan wrote:TK Local
No unarmed car. Options:
- use TK Civ UAZ (problem: treated as different faction thus different gear script. By default TK Civ and TK Gue gear are identical)
I'm a fan of the unarmed BTR-40. It's funny.
wolfenswan wrote:TK Insurgents
options:
- use unarmed BTR-40 as 4x4 (armored but similar speed and same cargo capacity as UAZ)
- use TK Army BMP2/Truck/Car (problem: TK Army have different rifle and carbine mags.)
As above, I'm a fan of the unarmed BTR-40.
I'd advocate using the TK Army BTR-60 and truck. What exactly is the problem with the diff. rifle / carbine? Can we not re-name the TK Army vics so that you can have a separate loadout for their boots?

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

AFAIK, though, BAF and US carbines should be ammo compatible (yay NATO!), so it shouldn't matter, right? And having M4's in the back instead of L85's seems to properly reflect a legitimate military logistics cockup
good point.
Ferrard Carson wrote: I'd advocate using the TK Army BTR-60 and truck. What exactly is the problem with the diff. rifle / carbine? Can we not re-name the TK Army vics so that you can have a separate loadout for their boots?
The loadout is dictated by the faction of the empty vehicle. So a TK Army vehicle will contain ammo for FN Fal and Ak74 carbines. The TK Ins use AK74 Rifles and AK47 carbines. (They can use the AK74 carbine ammo in their rifles)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

wolfenswan wrote: The loadout is dictated by the faction of the empty vehicle. So a TK Army vehicle will contain ammo for FN Fal and Ak74 carbines. The TK Ins use AK74 Rifles and AK47 carbines. (They can use the AK74 carbine ammo in their rifles)
Hmm... I think we can overlook the woodland camo of the Chedaki trucks. I mean, hell, if the USMC gets woodland camo to invade Iraq... I'm just sayin', insurgents aren't known to be the picky sort. :jihad:

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

fer

Post by fer »

wolfenswan wrote:I've added 5xcars and 3xTrucks to each faction. They've been named FACTIONNAME_CARx/FACTIONNAME_TRx
Do they follow the same prefix as the other pre-placed vehicles for each platoon?
wolfenswan wrote:BAF
No trucks. Options
Agree with Carson that assuming the magazines / grenades match, we can cope with the carbines being mis-matched.
wolfenswan wrote:TK Local
No unarmed car. Options:
The unarmed BTR-40 works just great!
wolfenswan wrote:TK Insurgents
options:
There is an alternative solution here - which is to harmonise the TK INS and TK Army equipment. If we work on the basis that TK INS are irregular forces that are friendly to the TK Army, then it's not a massive stretch to assume that they would have similar equipment. However, I'm not sure if in the latest edit you have given TK Army units Kobra-equipped rifles/carbines. If so, then this breaks down a bit - but if TK Army is on the old mix of irons-only weapons, this is an option. If we can't down that route, and the equipment matches ChDKZ loadouts, I'm perfectly comfortable with woodland camo.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Do they follow the same prefix as the other pre-placed vehicles for each platoon?
Yup.
There is an alternative solution here - which is to harmonise the TK INS and TK Army equipment. If we work on the basis that TK INS are irregular forces that are friendly to the TK Army, then it's not a massive stretch to assume that they would have similar equipment. However, I'm not sure if in the latest edit you have given TK Army units Kobra-equipped rifles/carbines. If so, then this breaks down a bit - but if TK Army is on the old mix of irons-only weapons, this is an option. If we can't down that route, and the equipment matches ChDKZ loadouts, I'm perfectly comfortable with woodland camo.
Proposal: (rifle > carbine > gl rifle > AR > MMG)
TK Army:
AK 74 Kobra
AK 47 Ironsight
AK 74 GL Kobra
RPK
PKM

TK Ins: (identical to TK Gue, Ins, Gue)
AK 74 Ironsight
AK 47 Ironsight
AK 74 GL Ironsight
RPK
PKM

CDF ("Nato/Warsaw mix"):
FN FAL
AKS 74
AK 74 GL Kobra
RPK
PKM

UN ("shitty Nato"):
FN FAL
M4A1 Ironsight
M16A2 GL Ironsight
M249
PKM OR M60

Speaking of the M60, should it make it the default MMG for USMC/US? (Atm. it's a scoped M240)

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

wolfenswan wrote:Speaking of the M60, should it make it the default MMG for USMC/US? (Atm. it's a scoped M240)
I wouldn't be against that, the scoped 240 is a bit easy and somehow kills the need for a spotter. On the other hand, I like the mk 48 too, but that could be an SF AR.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

wolfenswan wrote:Proposal: (rifle > carbine > gl rifle > AR > MMG)
[ snip ]
I like it. Syncs the Taki regulars and irregulars, their armaments make more sense coming from one bloc, and it keeps the FAL, 'cuz I love the FAL. Not as much as the M-14, but still.
wolfenswan wrote:Speaking of the M60, should it make it the default MMG for USMC/US? (Atm. it's a scoped M240)
Wait, it's a scoped M-240 right now? I thought it was ironsights? The M-240 ironsights are better than M-60 irons, but the M-60 has zeroing... I would say keep the UN MMG as an M-60 (to keep with the notion of "outdated West equipment") and keep US Army as Ironsighted M-240... but with USMC, I can see either choice being valid.
Black Mamba wrote:On the other hand, I like the mk 48 too, but that could be an SF AR.
Yeah, Mk.48 is pure awesome, but we should reserve that for if (when) we make some more SF focused missions.

~ Ferrard

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I would say keep the UN MMG as an M-60 (to keep with the notion of "outdated West equipment")
Just to be clear: it's a M60E4/Mk 43 Mod 0