[Collab] F2 - 2-7-0 - Better than Appletini!

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
fer

Re: [Collab] F2 - 2-7-0 - Better than Appletini!

Post by fer »

DarkTatka wrote:Would you mind if I made a pull request with this loadout for ACR? I think I figured out where to change it :)
Please go ahead. However, for now we're not including a pre-placed ACR formation in the SQM file, so the loadouts would be for missions where the mission maker has deliberately chosen to use, and therefore placed, ACR units.

DarkTatka

Post by DarkTatka »

fer wrote:
DarkTatka wrote:Would you mind if I made a pull request with this loadout for ACR? I think I figured out where to change it :)
Please go ahead. However, for now we're not including a pre-placed ACR formation in the SQM file, so the loadouts would be for missions where the mission maker has deliberately chosen to use, and therefore placed, ACR units.
Well aware of it, fer. Just glad I can help. And not being able to break anything important - big plus! :)
Anyway, pull request is there, just took me some time to figure out how to make F2 to assignGear to test it. It should work.

I'm not sure about Makarov pistols, but I was not sure about sa-61 (bit too much more powerfull), so I left it as it is.

No ACR DLC changes either, I want to keep it small. Next time ;)

daf

Post by daf »

Will the new F2 bring any improvements to the spectator camera (ie true free camera)?

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

daf wrote:Will the new F2 bring any improvements to the spectator camera (ie true free camera)?
Nope unfortunately not as we're still using old kegety's, only with a minor bugfix. I don't even know if a true free camera spectator script does exist? If so, it might be considered for future versions.

daf

Post by daf »

wolfenswan wrote:
daf wrote:Will the new F2 bring any improvements to the spectator camera (ie true free camera)?
Nope unfortunately not as we're still using old kegety's, only with a minor bugfix. I don't even know if a true free camera spectator script does exist? If so, it might be considered for future versions.
I've seen one in use on shacktac videos (example) and since then I've been obsessing a bit about it. So it's certainly possible, question being if it's possible without addons, although, I'd say it would be worth it to add even if it required addons as long as addon-less people still got the current spectator experience.

Depending how things go one can spend quite a bit of time dead so I feel making that experience enjoyable can be almost as important as the experience wile you're alive :P

PS: I forgot to mention I've tried asking shacktac trough their QnA sites and Fer about their spectator mode, I got no reply so it seems they're may not be willing to share it outside their community which is a pity :(

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

It looks like ST is using a modified version of the same script we use. You can drop the camera in our version of the script by pressing Space and move around with WASD but unfortunately it snaps back to following a unit when using the mouse. My guess is that they've fixed that issue.

daf

Post by daf »

wolfenswan wrote:It looks like ST is using a modified version of the same script we use. You can drop the camera in our version of the script by pressing Space and move around with WASD but unfortunately it snaps back to following a unit when using the mouse. My guess is that they've fixed that issue.
After reading your post I finally figured it out, it's not a ST mod but a stock feature of ACE2, I had tried ACE2 once before but I was unaware you could press space to drop the camera so when free camera acted like it does for us on TT so I assumed it was a custom mod. That also explains why my question was ignored as it was basically a stupid question :(

So with this new information in hand, is it possible to "backport" ACE2 spectator into regular OA?

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I guess it can be done, it'd need to get a hold of Kegetys nonetheless. Basically the ACE spectator mode is the latest version of Kegetys spectator script, and I'm not sure it was ever released as a standalone. Reverse engineering ACE wouldn't be such the nice thing to do.

mike

Post by mike »

wolfenswan wrote:It looks like ST is using a modified version of the same script we use. You can drop the camera in our version of the script by pressing Space and move around with WASD but unfortunately it snaps back to following a unit when using the mouse. My guess is that they've fixed that issue.
I also fixed that issue in my own mission template.

And feel free to grab the keg's spec script from ACE, the arma community aren't dicks right?

fer

Post by fer »

mike wrote:And feel free to grab the keg's spec script from ACE, the arma community aren't dicks right?
Does anyone have a way of contacting either Kegs, or the ACE2 team, to obtain permission? I'm not comfortable simply ripping code and putting it in any official build of F2, regardless of whether it's been published or not (unless there is accompanying OSS licence text that permits this).