[A-10] DCS TARS Testing - Final before Beta

Plan flights so we know where to look for wreckage

Moderator: oldhosts

Headspace

[A-10] DCS TARS Testing - Final before Beta

Post by Headspace »

The purpose of this testing will be to shake out any serious issues that may present themselves before TARS goes out to the community at large in Beta form. Everything seems to be coming together very nicely now, and there are only a few things left to do before TARS is "officially" moved to Beta. It is feature-locked now, and most of the debugging that we've been doing in the last few days has had to do with features that aren't core to TARS, which I guess is a good sign since the main stuff seems to be working fine at this point.

This is going to be a series of pickup games at Folk. Friday went really well and if we can organize a scheduled session, then great. If not, no big deal, we'll just play when we can. When TARS is in Beta, Folk is still going to be its home, where most of the predevelopment testing and work is done on new features and in the near term, beta stuff. Being beta doesn't mean done, although I would think that this beta is probably going to be more worthy of the title than other mods.

So, with that said, I'm doing two things. First, I will be opening up a dedicated TARS forum here at Folk. Second, I am going to give credit to whoever was involved in helping me test this during the Alpha phase. In the meantime, let's figure out when the best time would be to play more DCS and test the Beta candidate.

Gixxer

Re: DCS TARS Testing - Final before Beta

Post by Gixxer »

hi H,

I'll try to come again on friday, same time (5PM MST/0000Z)

********Unfortunately DCS has not fixed my DCS a10 activation problem yet so we can do another black shark session for sure.***** It is now fixed and I'm ready for DCS A10C!

Putting me in the credits may make my head grow by at least 50% so you can count me in!

Gixxer

Headspace

Re: DCS TARS Testing - Final before Beta

Post by Headspace »

Hojo and I tested it last night and Fer and Iseryn (who may or may not eventually come to the forum) were kind enough to run the special script I wrote for people who don't have DCS in order to do final vetting. Nothing like being trapped in your burning plane, shouting to your teammate who can't hear you because your radios died. Moments like that was what the mod was created for.

Now that tars Beta 1 is out, testing will continue, and Friday should be fine unless I end up having to work (real work) during the night.
Putting me in the credits may make my head grow by at least 50% so you can count me in!
Here you go!