[A-10] Official Folk DCS Weekly Session 1800EST/2300GMT Fri

Plan flights so we know where to look for wreckage

Moderator: oldhosts

Headspace

[A-10] Official Folk DCS Weekly Session 1800EST/2300GMT Fri

Post by Headspace »

Comrades,

Folk has had many DCS sessions over the past several months, however we do not have a regular session. A regular session would be useful to allow us to plan our gaming before it happens, instead of having it be spontaneous.

After thinking about this for about a month, I have settled on the idea of having a primary session on Friday nights in the North American timezone, and if there is demand for it later on, having a run-off session the following morning that will be more European-friendly. Because we currently have more North American players than Europeans it makes sense to put initial priority on Friday nights. I would also prefer not to focus exclusively on A-10 all of the time, but I do realize that most of you would prefer A-10 over Black Shark.

The official Folk DCS session will be held on Fridays at 6 PM EST / 11 PM GMT. We will congregate in the Folk Teamspeak channel and wait for players, and then start a few minutes after with a mission.

Since we have a mix of people newer to DCS, and also a mix of people who have been playing since the early betas (Tigershark, myself, Gixxer, Hojo) I would propose that we start each session by going over some of the fundamentals of getting the plane started up, weapons deployment, and so on. Then we can do a "real live" mission. Thoughts?

Mega

Re: Official Folk DCS Weekly Session 18:00EST/23:00GMT Frida

Post by Mega »

Sounds good!

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

I'd like to recommend Operation First Strike as a potetnial mission choice.

Will post a link to it later.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

yakker

Post by yakker »

I am in for Friday. One thing, though. I've looked for the Teamspeak server info and can't seem to find it. Strange, the forum software won't let me search for 'teamspeak' or 'server'. Help the FNG out!

fer

Post by fer »

yakker wrote:I am in for Friday. One thing, though. I've looked for the Teamspeak server info and can't seem to find it. Strange, the forum software won't let me search for 'teamspeak' or 'server'. Help the FNG out!
Yakker, you'll need to log in to the same TS3 server as the ArmA2 players: http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/forum ... p?f=6&t=92

Mega

Post by Mega »

I'll be there as soon as I can home from work.

Gixxer

Post by Gixxer »

I will return!!!

Headspace

Post by Headspace »

Hey guys. We haven't had much of a turnout for the past couple of weeks but the good news is that I moved and am back for some A-10. By Friday I will be set back up again and rocking, so I'll see you there.

Preacher

Post by Preacher »

Hello hello, new around here and will join in on the fun.

Headspace

Post by Headspace »

Hey guys, regrettably I am going to be unable to make it back by 6 PM most nights and would like to reschedule the DCS session to 7 PM. Lately it's been happening that way anyway, so are there any objections to going to 19:00EST/00:00 GMT instead? It'll be pushed back by one hour.