Session and Mod server difficulty settings

Post by wolfenswan »

Default - Regular
  • no thirdperson
  • no map markers indicating friendlies/enemies
  • no autospotting
  • spacebar scan (distance, friendlies) and group HUD active
  • Weapon crosshair active
  • Friendly AI Skill: 1 (overridden by mission scripts setting friendly skill)
  • Enemy AI Skill: 0.9 (overridden by mission scripts setting enemy skill)
Recruit
  • Third person active
  • Otherwise identical to regular
Better for vehicle heavy missions, more game-y stuff.

Veteran
  • No space-bar scanning
  • Otherwise identical to regular
Ideal for Adversarials.

Expert
Identical to Regular apart from:
  • No weapon crosshairs
  • Enemy skill is at level 1

daf

Re: Session server difficulty settings

Post by daf »

Will both session retain their default difficulty as before (recruit for tt and regular for folk with veteran for adv on both), will both sessions be adopting the same settings or will it be left to the host to decide on a per session and/or mission basis?

wolfenswan

Re: Session server difficulty settings

Post by wolfenswan »

For now both sessions will use regular as default but ultimately it's up to the host to decide whether recruit or veteran would suit a mission better.

AJAX
Host

Re: Session and Mod server difficulty settings

Post by AJAX »

I would love to see no floating cross-hair and have map markers of yourself and friendlies only. Oh coarse, no 3rd person. I would love to see FA use the no 3rd person on soldiers but allow it on vehicles. There is a simple mission script that allows this, can we have it too... PLEASE.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I'm against all of it, actually.
- there's nothing wrong with the crosshair.
- No third person in vehicles is an important point as it forces communication and teamwork.
- map markers... Well we already have them, basically. Individual markers in your group, and Group markers in your platoon. No need to spam the map with markers all over the place and make the existing markers unreadable.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Is he not referring to the small crosshair that 'floats' between the main crosshair?

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Oh. If that's the case, it can't be removed without modding.

fer

Post by fer »

Interesting points, comrade AJAX; just so we're all on the same page, would it be possible for you to clarify in places? :)
AJAX wrote:I would love to see no floating cross-hair ...
Do you mean removing the cross-hair completely, so that we have to use irons to aim - or just the removal of the moving component? There are client-side mods available to tweak the crosshair, which you would be fine to use (since it won't affect others).
AJAX wrote:.... and have map markers of yourself and friendlies only.
At the moment, 99% of our missions are built with F2, which provides markers for all elements in the platoon and markers for the individual members of your own element; are you talking about enabling the game's own marker system?
AJAX wrote:Oh coarse, no 3rd person.
Don't worry - we don't use 3rd person in the main sessions (Tuesdays and Sundays), primarily because it breaks adversarial missions.
AJAX wrote:I would love to see FA use the no 3rd person on soldiers but allow it on vehicles.
Tricky one - I have to say I'm with comrade Black Mamba on this one; like the decision not to provide infantry with scoped rifles, this restriction forces elements to work together.

daf

Post by daf »

Just to offer a opposing view I quite enjoy the crosshair, unlike most "modern" fps arma doesn't stick a giant gun covering 1/3 of your screen and with right click zoom and crosshair you're able to maintain a more "natural/realistic" field of view when shooting,

Not that I ever shot a real gun or anything but i somehow doubt you'd be so visually impaired as must modern fps seem to make it look like in ironsight mode.

Bodge

Post by Bodge »

wrt the crosshair, some weapons don't have usable ironsights like the A2 acog weapons for example.