[HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

feanix

Re: [HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Post by feanix »

I'll do a full AAR layer but for now I'll day that this was a much more political intrigue based session for me. Very little fighting but I did a ton of espionage and diplomacy. Many nations brought either into the axis proper or under axis affiliation. Two notable results. Canada and the USA are now both fascist governments. The USA is a German ally.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

oh god what did japan do :L draakon, why didn't you join kefirz?

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

That text was hilarious!
Thank you Ferrard. :D

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

tryteyker wrote:oh god what did japan do :L draakon, why didn't you join kefirz?
None accepted my request.

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

As I mentioned in the session, I won't have time to play next Wednesday. This in mind I would like to ask if anyone would have a problem with the session switching over to Thursday next week.

Also: The US is getting bigger and bigger and the number of things to do is only going to increase.
I suck at multitasking. Does anyone (preferably someone who has played Hoi3 before) want to join me and take control of my military? There will be plenty to do, I can promise that.
I would much rather focus on planning large scale and doing diplomacy and with me handling that plus military things, nothing is gonna be done as good as it could be.

feanix

Post by feanix »

Perhaps Draakon would like to defect to help you run the US? Seeing as Japan is about to be torn apart like a bag of hamburger meat thrown to a pack of rabid wolves.

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

I could, but that leaves poor tryteyker. What he is supposed to do? Although the war was inevitable.

Sorry trytyker! There was nothing i could do to avoid the war.

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

To be fair, there really wasn't much you could've done.
I think we were doing a fairly good job at keeping our plans a secret.
Even if you had known, it would still have been near impossible to prevent seeing that every major country either actively supported it or at least knew and nodded it along.

I'd be more than happy if you wanted to join me, I got the feeling you are way better at Navy things than I am anyway :D
I also think that
a) There are plenty of countries to run
b) Tryteyker would have to get a new country to play as anyway, for the same reason that you do.

Which is why I'm asking you:
Draakon, will you be Commander of my armed forces?

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

So here is the proper AAR, I didn't really take notice of what was going on in the rest of the world, so I'll just focus on Soviet Union.

-The glorious nation of Turkey joined Comintern.
-Sweden, Norway and by a mistake, Bulgaria were brought into our worthy cause.
-A war on Japan was declared, this war was inevitable really, the USSR gave warnings since 1936 about Japan's fate, and now their time has come.
-Looking forward to preserving peace in Europe.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

Turkey

TURKEY

TUUUUUURKEY

So yeah, after a rather shit session as Republican Spain, I decided to switch over to the frankly backwater Turkey for some Ottomanisation. AAR follows:

İnönü still PM - the man is a political machine

Ratios of strength massively in our favour with regards to neighbours - our early alliance with the USSR allowed a switch from defence against Soviet forces to aggression towards Persia, Greece, Vichy France and Iraq

Most of my neighbours are members of the allies - this makes war infinitely harder to commit to - as a member of the comintern it would be ill-advisable to assault the power-bloc of Britain and her comrades.

Turkish submarines, supplied from Vladivostok, form wolf-packs and sink any isolated convoys in the region. Unfortunately, these raids have limited effectiveness due to low numbers and technological inferiority - Naval upgrades will be applied as soon as the packs return to home ports

We have taken delivery of several extremely powerful new units - technology from our soviet brethren, as well as lend-lease, has allowed the construction of several armoured platoons, as well as the procurement of medium bombers and the upgrade of standard infantry units to modern standards.

TUUUURKEY

:zoidberg: