Can mission makers use DLC content?

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
AmishStrikeForce

Can mission makers use DLC content?

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

Pretty much what it says in the title. I didn't see this addressed in the forum anywhere. Can mission makers use DLC-specific content? Or are missions expected to be 100% base game only?

Thanks!
Also known as Spanks Masterson

Pooter
Host

Re: Can mission makers use DLC content?

Post by Pooter »

Yes and no.

Even though the players cannot pick up DLC equipment or pilot DLC vehicles, there is nothing preventing them from using this stuff via scripts.

DLC helicopters are allowed, albeit discouraged. If you can start the helicopters in the air then you can also use pre-mount so it becomes a non-issue. If not then you should mark the pilot slot as DLC.

DLC guns are perfectly fine, as long as you never expect anyone to need to pick them up. The equipment scripts don't care about DLC, but if the player then drops their weapon then they won't be able to pick it back up.

AmishStrikeForce

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

Thanks Pooter. Just a follow-up to make sure I understand this: so if I start a player in the "driver" slot of a DLC helicopter/kart or armed with a DLC weapon, then they can fly/drive/shoot just as if they owned the DLC. However, if they get out of the helicopter/kart or drop their weapon, then they can never get back in or pick up said weapon?
Also known as Spanks Masterson

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Correct, with the special exception that if a helicopter is landed then it might explode when you pre-mount the crew.
You'll notice we tend to start outside helicopters, while with other vehicles we start inside.