Custom assignGear Uniform Snippets

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
darkChozo
Host

Custom assignGear Uniform Snippets

Post by darkChozo »

Uniforms are cool. Sometimes you make a uniform and then forget it exists and then remake it later. This is minutes of valuable time wasted. We must fix this injustice.

Post your favorite uniforms, preferably in snippet form because copying entire files is a pain. Screenshots are great. Specifying weapons or lore/feel you were going for is optional but fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat CTRG
Bandannas are cool but they won't do much for shrapnel, and sometimes you forget your fancy polymer bike helmet thing. Perfect for infiltrating an enemy country by Littlebird at night.

Also the lighting in the screenshot is wrong and terrible.

Suggested weapons: Black MXs, black SPAR-16s

Code: Select all

_baseUniform = ["U_B_CTRG_Soldier_F"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_HelmetB_light","H_HelmetB_light_grass","H_HelmetB_light_black"];
_baseGlasses = ["","","","","G_Balaclava_TI_tna_F","G_Balaclava_TI_blk_F"];

_lightRig = ["V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F"];
_standardRig = ["V_PlateCarrier2_rgr_noflag_F"];
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casual CTRG
You know how it is. You've been in that enemy country for a few months, you've lost your helmet, you roll up your sleeves and put a piece of cloth on your head.

Suggested weapons: Black MXs, black SPAR-16s

_baseUniform = ["U_B_CTRG_1","U_B_CTRG_2","U_B_CTRG_3"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_Watchcap_khk","H_Shemag_olive_hs","H_MilCap_tna_F","H_Cap_khaki_specops_UK","H_Bandanna_camo","H_Bandanna_cbr","H_Bandanna_khk_hs","H_Booniehat_khk","H_Booniehat_khk_hs","H_Booniehat_oli","H_Booniehat_tna_F"];
_baseGlasses = [];

_lightRig = ["V_Chestrig_khk","V_Chestrig_rgr"];
_standardRig = ["V_PlateCarrierH_CTRG"];

ION PMCs
Less professional than proper military, more professional than mercenaries. Uses equipment that the military's already done with.

Suggested weapons: TRGs

_baseUniform = ["U_I_G_Story_Protagonist_F"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_Cap_blk_ION","G_Bandanna_blk",""];
_baseGlasses = ["","","G_Lowprofile","G_Shades_Black","G_Shades_Green","G_Shades_Red","G_Aviator"];

_lightRig = ["V_TacVestIR_blk"];
_standardRig = ["V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F"];

Horizon Islands Army
Turn of the millennium US-supported government forces on Tanoa. Uses 1960s-era American equipment, almost like I'm trying to evoke a certain aesthetic. Would be Tanoan if it wasn't a pain in the ass to change faces.

Suggested weapons: MK-14s, SPAR-16s

_baseUniform = ["U_I_C_Soldier_Camo_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Camo_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_HelmetB","H_HelmetB","H_HelmetB_paint"];
_baseGlasses = ["G_Bandanna_oli","G_Shades_Black","","",""];

_lightRig = ["V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F"];

Semi-professional Syndikat
A subtle one. Sometimes you want something between tattered peasants and a pseudo-military force. Plus, fighting in shorts sounds like a terrible idea.

Suggested weapons: AKs, duh

_baseUniform = ["U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_2_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_3_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Para_1_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Para_2_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F","U_I_C_Soldier_Para_4_F"];
_baseHelmet = [];
_baseGlasses = ["G_Bandanna_blk","G_Bandanna_khk","G_Bandanna_oli"];

_lightRig = ["V_Chestrig_blk","V_Chestrig_rgr"];
_standardRig = ["V_TacVestIR_blk"];

Costno
Host

Re: Custom assignGear Uniform Snippets

Post by Costno »

Sweet! Grabbing my real estate real quick, will update this thread to include:

TAF
Ciaran has the best representation of this below...

British Marines
Harcourt Hideout

_baseUniform = ["U_B_CTRG_Soldier_urb_1_F","U_B_CTRG_Soldier_urb_3_F","U_B_CTRG_Soldier_urb_2_F"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_HelmetSpecB_snakeskin","H_HelmetSpecB","H_HelmetSpecB_paint1","H_HelmetB_camo"];
_baseGlasses = [];
_standardRig = ["V_PlateCarrierH_CTRG"];

Force Recon
Force Recon

_baseUniform = ["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_HelmetB_sand","H_HelmetB_snakeskin","H_HelmetB_grass","H_HelmetB_desert","H_HelmetB_camo"];
_baseGlasses = [];
_standardRig = ["V_PlateCarrier2_rgr"];

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\a3\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing_wdl_co.paa"];

Search bloc!
Somos Banditos!

_baseUniform = ["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_Booniehat_oli","H_Cap_oli","H_Booniehat_oli"];
_baseGlasses = [];
_standardRig = ["V_HarnessO_brn"];

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\a3\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing_sage_co.paa"];

Ciaran

Re: Custom assignGear Uniform Snippets

Post by Ciaran »

I'll probably add more to this over time.
Generic PMC
For when NATO are too busy squabbling with CSAT, and the Tanoan Armed Forces are too busy arguing about how disgusting their mismatched camo is.

_baseUniform = ["U_B_GEN_Soldier_F"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_Shemag_olive","H_Shemag_olive_hs"];
_baseGlasses = ["G_Combat","G_Combat_Goggles_tna_F"];

_lightRig = ["V_HarnessO_ghex_F"];
Requires textures, applied in init.sqf:

sleep 0.1; //give some time for f3 common vars to be defined
_camo = ["\a3\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing_wdl_co.paa","\A3\Characters_F_Exp\BLUFOR\Data\U_B_CTRG_Soldier_F_co.paa"];
{_x setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"\A3\Characters_F_Exp\Syndikat\Data\U_I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F_1_co.paa"]} forEach f_var_men_blu;
{_x setObjectTextureGlobal [1, selectRandom _camo]} forEach f_var_men_blu;
Suggested guns: Katibas or TRGs w/ Holosights, LIM-85s. FT also has an AAR instead of AT.

Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (or whatever you want to call them)

_baseUniform = ["U_O_CombatUniform_ocamo"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_PilotHelmetHeli_I"];
_baseGlasses = ["G_Balaclava_blk"];

_lightRig = ["V_HarnessO_ghex_F"]; //could also use chest rigs
_standardRig = ["V_TacVest_oli"];
Again, requires textures to be set.

sleep 0.1; //give some time for f3 common vars to be defined
{_x setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"a3\characters_f\OPFOR\Data\clothing_rus_co.paa"]} forEach f_var_men_opf;
{_x setObjectTextureGlobal [1,"a3\characters_f\OPFOR\Data\tech_rus_co.paa"]} forEach f_var_men_opf;
Suggested guns: AK-12s with ACOs, Zafirs. May also be an idea to have an AAR instead of a second AR, considering how close to overloaded Folk's CSAT ARs are, and the fact that the Zafir is basically an MMG anyway.

CSAT Urban force
Here's something I've been working on recently for a mechanized mission. Unfortunately there's a lack of urban camos for a lot of equipment, excluding the VTOL. Kinda meant to be not-quite-Viper.

_baseUniform = ["U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_HelmetSpecO_blk"];
_baseGlasses = [];
//backpack defined line ~167
_bag = "B_ViperLightHarness_blk_F";
Uses Viper Light Harness instead of vests, so the classes in _standard.sqf and _light.sqf will need modifying to include _unit addBackpack _bag;
Suggested guns: Type 115 rifle, Katiba carbine and GL (all 3 of these take the same mags, which is useful), CAR-95-1 LMG (because damn CSAT and their lack of a 6.5mm LMG). Or full CAR-95 loadout, whatever fits the mission.

Tanoan Armed Forces
Now with custom made textures!

_baseUniform = ["U_B_T_Soldier_F","U_B_T_Soldier_SL_F"];
_baseHelmet = ["H_MilCap_dgtl","H_Booniehat_dgtl","H_HelmetIA","H_Beret_gen_F"];
_baseGlasses = [];

_lightRig = ["V_BandollierB_rgr"];
_standardRig = ["V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl"];
Sugggested Required guns: Mk20s, LIM-85s (or Mk200s).
Custom texture can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kTIq ... 5xbDQ/view
If used on enemy units (there are engine issues with loading/mipmapping jpeg textures), this texture should be used instead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kTIq ... l6NHM/view
Also here's a higher resolution version for when file size is no issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kTIq ... FWc0k/view
And is applied in the same manner as the first two; the texture name would be simply be the name of the downloaded file, rather than a3\characters_f\OPFOR\Data\clothing_rus_co.paa, for example.