Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Lynche

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Lynche »

Hi all,

The name's Lynche; 23, come from Edinburgh, real name Paul and currently studying to be a Pharmacy Tech.

I have been playing ArmA 3 with the Purple Giraffes (of Planetside fame) for the past month or so. Recently I was introduced to Dislexci's youtube and instantly knew I wanted to play with a larger group, so here I am!

Possibly stupid question I have the base game and Arrowhead on steam, how do I run it as combined operations?

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Hey Lynche!

If you have them both on steam you should automatically launch Combined Operations when launching Operation Arrowhead. If it doesn't work try launching ARMA 2 once and Operation Arrowhead afterwards.

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

I assume it worked? I've got the icons for both games in the bottom left now, cheers!

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Lynche wrote:The name's Lynche; 23, come from Edinburgh
I'm from Edinburgh too! Welcome!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Denel

Post by Denel »

Hello all, finally decided to post an introduction after playing in the sessions for a while. I've been playing the ARMA series on and off since the OFP demo but aside from the singleplayer I mostly restricted multiplayer to CTI-type missions. I decided to give FA a go after seeing how easy it was to join other RPS associated groups (I was briefly in the Perpetuum RPS corporation if anyone played that). Aside from ARMA I currently play RO2 as 'John Doe'. My online gaming history consists mostly of FPS series (Tribes, CS:Source, CoD up to MW1, BF) with the occasional dip into MMOs (mostly Neocron/Neocron 2 and Planetside 2).

In the real world I'm 26 and have been with my current employer for seven years. 95% of my time is spent in an office but occasionally I get to see and do some interesting and cool things at the taxpayers' expense.

Whilst I'm here I would like to take the opportunity to thank both the community, for the warm welcome I've received, and the hosts and mission makers for their efforts. I'll see you all on the battlefield!
For Reza our leaders, for Neocron the party, for the people...

Alibambam

Post by Alibambam »

Hey everyone,

I recently found Folk ARPS, and wanted to introduce myself shortly.

I'm Alibambam, 'Alexander' in the Skype conversation, from Belgium, early in my twenties, just graduated and ready to have some great Arma 3 experiences.

I'm not thé most experienced guy you'll meet but I'm eager to learn and coorporate. See you on the battlefield soldiers!

If you've got any questions, ask away

H4MM3RSTON3

Post by H4MM3RSTON3 »

Hello,

I'm Hammerstone, Oskar in Skype.

Was looking for a serious, yet not too serious, group of people to play ARMA with.

I'm from the land that brought the world dynamite and the cinnamon roll. I'm twenty years old and an aspiring 3D artist for games.

syrion

Post by syrion »

Hi, I'm Syrion (syrion8 in Skype, probably visible as my real name as well). I'm 31, a software developer from the land of Murika.

Being old, and having a family, and a real job, it's impossible for me to commit hours upon hours to Mandatory Training Sessions and Mandatory Five Hour Long Saturday Afternoon Sessions. On the other hand, I also take the time that I have to play really seriously, so I looked around for a group that isn't quite as crazy about attendance requirements, and seems to have a serious attitude in game, but also a sense of humor: and that led me to Folk ARPS. And here I am.

Also, I will not call you sir, Comrade.

Glory to the party.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Welcome guys, glad to have you in our ranks.

May the goat overlord be kind to you and guide you to glory.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

fideldonson

Post by fideldonson »

Fidel Donson here - from Denmark - older than all of you punks it seems.
I Played the original OFP a lot (even messed around with mission making) - then headed into Planetside with my crew (tilfldig) and later Red Orchestra - got back into ARMA via a short stint in DayZ - which was intense but too lonely. Then i read about FA on reddit, checked the FA website and finally got round to logging in one night and have not looked back since. I really enjoy the mix of fairly serious gaming, a welcoming atmosphere and a strong sense of humor. I hope to one day rise from the ranks of the cannon fodder to maybe FTL.

In my life in capitalism i make a living as a self employed front end developer (apps and such) and try to raise my three kids on a diet of oatmeal and minecraft - and get them to bed early on Sundays and Tuesdays.