2016 Morale Patch

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Aqarius
Host

2016 Morale Patch

Post by Aqarius »

Hey, comrade Commissar, I've been meaning to talk to you! I've noticed a batch of those "biohazard" crates came in yesterday. I don't suppose the Party preparing a morale-patch related surprise for the winter holidays?
Of course not, comrade. "The winter holidays" are nothing but a consumerist ploy to drag people's attention away from the glory that is our Agrarian Utopia. Suggesting anything else would be counterrevolutionary talk!

Uh... of course, comrade Commissar. That's what I meant to say.
Exactly. On an entirely unrelated note: The Party has been hard at work preparing a special, end-of-the-calendar-year surprise! As you have so cleverly guessed, we are rolling out the new and improved version of the last year's new and improved morale patch.
bitmap.png
bitmap.png (23.19 KiB) Viewed 22279 times
An improved improved morale patch?
Exactly! The old velcro backing has been retained, but the shield shape has been streamlined for better aerodynamics.

That sounds excellent! But wait, I've noticed the crates were noticeably heavier than last year's. how are the patches streamlined if they're also heavier?
No, that's just the lead lining. The patches retain roughly the same size. The behind-the-scenes workings, however, have been significantly upgraded. I hear the production process uses only a quarter of agar base it used earlier.

What's agar?
It's a gelatin...the point is, we've made the whole process much more efficient. It uses less man-hours, less resources, and the patch itself has a much, much longer expected half-life.

That's excellent news, comrade Commissar! I'll be sure to grab one as soon as they're available! ...Uh, how do I grab one? Is the procedure the same as last year?
Sadly, budgetary constraints have forced us to extend our self-equipment program into the next year. I am, however, proud to say that some of the savings achieved through greater efficiency will be passed on to all comrades. You will soon be able to don your brand new morale patch, for a fraction of the cost of the last one. Not to mention the new emblem pattern will help comrades blend in during ops on Tanoa.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Since we got the last batch of patches, one guy in my unit turned green.
Hahaha, comrade, I'm sure you are referring to "going green". It means someone-

No, I mean, since August, he's been steadily turning ever so slightly green. Literally.
:siiigh: Comrade, would you be so kind as to notify your unit that first thing tomorrow morning they are to attend a mandatory lecture on proper uniform maintenance and personal hygiene.

*****************************************************************************************************************
Actual info: We've ordered a new batch of morale patches, with a brand new Tanoa theme! We expect them to be arriving sometime around 2016-01-15. The size is 10x7,5, and they come with a velcro back. Each patch can be had in exchange for 5 units of whatever your preferred currency is (as long as it's USD, EUR or GBP), shipping included, and, as usual, all profits (if somehow there is any) go towards the Dacha whiskey budget maintennance of the K-IV Widowmaker.

All funds can be sent to the standard, server-fund@folkarps.com paypal account, along with a message to Prime Minister Netkev, who, as always, has our full support.
[/allegedly]

Aqarius
Host

Re: 2016 Morale Patch

Post by Aqarius »

Good news everyone! We received the sample patch picture!
patch sample.jpg
patch sample.jpg (107.28 KiB) Viewed 22198 times
[/allegedly]

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Do you still have these in stock?
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Kefirz wrote:Do you still have these in stock?
Yeah, I even paid for mine yesterday.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

AJAX
Host

Post by AJAX »

We have plenty of moral patches left. So if you need some moral, just send some money snd wait for it to arrive. :dance:

Alex

Post by Alex »

I sent a payment and forwarded my shipping information to NetKev, as requested in the first post but haven't gotten any kind of confirmation.
(fake)

Freyja
Host

Post by Freyja »

Alex wrote:I sent a payment and forwarded my shipping information to NetKev, as requested in the first post but haven't gotten any kind of confirmation.
Yeah sorry about that, we don't actually have any kind of formal confirmational system in place, we probably should have that. We have received your donation and are shipping your patch out with the next batch, it will be sent within the week.

AJAX
Host

Post by AJAX »

Patches are flying trough the air as I type this... Enjoy your moral boost when they land dear comrade.