Host

fa3_60_the_service

Post by audiox »

Trees, trees everywhere.

Lovely, ain't it?!

lietuvis10

Re: fa3_28_the_service

Post by lietuvis10 »

Too small AO for such terrain. I towuld be good if it was urban,but it isn't. It is rural. Even for this amount of players it is too small. No space to maneuovour. No space to plan. Not space for tacticks.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_28_the_service

Post by wolfenswan »

Size of AO was good, maybe 100m further towards both sides but not more. Having a UAV might be fun.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_60_the_service

Post by wolfenswan »

AO Size
This feels too cramped for more than one squad on each side. We basically just ran toward each other and kept shooting, then someone ran into the shrine. It could be made more interesting by adding some sort of deployment feature (HALO, teleport, vehicles) to make attackers more maneuverable. Adding more objects to be used as cover might help as well.

Equipment
Everyone being the same (apart from AAF having noticeably better body armor and the differing calibres) feels a bit bland. As this is still an attack & defend adversarial giving no side a clear numerical advantage adds to this. Maybe give AAF a UAV or ARs, add some better cover to FIA's position to make it actually defensible, give FIA a player controlled mortar etc.

Alternatively, give AAF rag-tag outfits and everyone worse weapons (SMGs primarily). That way it would be a fun bullet-hell for lower playercounts, esp. if some CQC opportunities would be added.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Equipment

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, lose the ACO (green) sight? That thing is worse than a pain in the eyes. The Mk18 holo is much more useful. Or even the ACO (red) in a pinch.

I mean, ideally I'd say ditch the Mk20 alltogether and use the TRG, and then I can throw away the ACO or give it to my FTL so he can aim twice, but I'm guessing the primary weapon has more impact on the mission balance, and it's only the sights on the Mk20 I hate, not the rifle itself.
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

The extra squad was something of a whim, and i agree that it didn't work.

Other than that its meant to be what it is, the most low tech of low tech adversarials. Meant to be played when all we want to do is move around in forests and buildings and shoot at one another.

But yeah, i'll scale it back to 1 squad on either side. Also, i'll probably make it a FIA - FAI thing. I just haven't done one of those before.