fa3_c36_HillsideView

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_c36_HillsideView

Post by wolfenswan »

First test-run on tuesday was fairly successful. I don't want to add a lot of AI into the AO though I might spread them out more evenly to keep things interesting from the beginning. I'll prob. remove Charlie squad from the mission, 36 seems like a good upper limit for this mission.

The HMGs in the castle were a bit unresponsive but I should be able to improve that with scripting. There is little that can be done to improve the fog for the jet while keeping it nice for the infantry. We've jet to try it with a JTAC (laser designator) but I might just replace the jet with an Orca as AH1.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_c38_HillsideView

Post by wolfenswan »

Second run was quite.... deadly. I was rather impressed by the technicals perfomance against Alpha and will prob. remove it.

Regarding AH1:
Fog might be lowered slightly. Current number of manpads (3) seems adequate. Thermals are too powerful as they ignore fog.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_c36_HillsideView

Post by wolfenswan »

This one is pretty much where I want it to be, but I think a reduction of AO size and AI-count is in order.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

wolfenswan wrote:I think a reduction of AO size and AI-count is in order.
Dunno about the AO size, but the AI count did seem a bit much - there were enough AI to completely encircle the squad on the 24th and still have 50-60% of their force not even bothering to look in our general direction...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Two questions to ponder:
1. Add a dedicated JTAC? The AH1 can see the laser target on it's radar and use it to guide the autocannon. The mini-uav however already has a laser-designator but might be focused on spotting.
2. Re-add ATGMs to the Mi-48? They can lock on on said laser-targets for precision strikes on infantry but might deal with technicals too early/easily.