fa3_c64_Surfin

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_c64_Surfin

Post by wolfenswan »

Seems to be working fairly well, aside from ASR_AI3 causing the defenders (including the officer...) to leave their buildings. Can be fixed though.

The strider might be a bit too powerful though I'd rather put more hostiles on the Juliet approach (figuring it's the primary direction of defense for FIA). I didn't expect the strider to ride first ahead of Juliet so there's that.

The enemy mortars were fun but I think didn't kill anyone? Which would be ideal. Though they could be made to shoot a bit more often, esp. on the hill in the SW.

Friendly mortars were maybe a bit too useful, given the visibility from up the hill. Maybe reduce it to a single mortar battery?

Aqarius
Host

Re: fa3_c50_Surfin

Post by Aqarius »

wolfenswan wrote:Maybe reduce it to a single mortar battery?
Feel free to cut the ammo. I think about half of the shells used were absolutely required for success. I think Bravo had some casualties to MTR, but not sure.
[/allegedly]

audiox
Host

Re: fa3_c50_Surfin

Post by audiox »

Actually, the suckiest deaths in Arma are mortar deaths since they are from far away and annoyingly random. IMHO they should be mostly used for ambience not with a target to kill us.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_c64_Surfin

Post by wolfenswan »

Given this sunday's experience:
Either RNGesus really had it out for the players or the AI mortars could use a bit more randomization and/or slower frequency.

I just want to use them to keep players off the hill (though inside the bunkers you are safe ... mostly).

And maybe a better explanation on how the CO's mortars work, isn't that right audiox :laugh: