fa3_a62_roomservice

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_a62_roomservice

Post by wolfenswan »

I think the atmosphere was pretty good and the darkness was just right? Dark enough to conceal outside but bright enough inside the buildings.

Some people said that the sector-control mechanic was unfair but I'm not sure about that. The way it works is that once BLUFOR has more people in the hotel than OPFOR it will start ticking over as indicated in the upper right, the faster the more people they have over OPFOR. OPFOR should have plenty of time to fight them back. I can however slightly increase the time it takes to seize the Hotel overall.

On a more general note, what do people think of the sector-control-mechanic used? It's one of the included BI modules and thus really easy to implement. Having the symbol for on the HUD is a tad game-y but on the other hand a very good indicator on how things are going. There might however be a way to disable it (Edit: Yes there is).

Kefirz

Re: fa3_a62_roomservice

Post by Kefirz »

I wasn't there, so I don't know how that indicator looks like, but it sounds great and I think that more missions could benefit from it.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

fer

Re: fa3_a62_roomservice

Post by fer »

The indicator is definitely too gamey, so disabling it would be handy. For coop missions where we need to pacify/occupy AI-defended locations it's a nice feature. However, for adversarial missions I'm not a fan - it made the ending feel abrupt, and I'd rather have the session host make the call as to letting the mission go to the last defender (assuming there is a dramatic situation) or calling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk