fa3_c56_310toKavala

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_c56_310toKavala

Post by wolfenswan »

Observations from yesterday's (19/01/2015) run-trough:
  • The movement and formation of the AI convoy was beautiful. Really happy how well ws_fnc_taskConvoy works.
  • I'm still not sure what causes the "lay low" command to break when >30 players are present. It's easy to fix with the debug console but annoying.
  • Juliet & MAT as wave-reinforcements help with the pacing.
  • The setup for the ambush took longer than expected. I could remove the demo-guys but it just seemed also due to indecisiveness on command's part?
  • Given group leaders a single teleport once the kill-zone is secure should reduce the time for the setup.
  • The distance to the group of vehicles can be reduced to make the E&E achievable.

blip2
Host

Re: fa3_c56_310toKavala

Post by blip2 »

The setup for the ambush took longer than expected. I could remove the demo-guys but it just seemed also due to indecisiveness on command's part?
I had to get Tiger to trigger it. I was ASL and took command from CO, the scroll wheel command didn't work for me.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I had to get Tiger to trigger it. I was ASL and took command from CO, the scroll wheel command didn't work for me.
There's no scroll wheel command. It's radio option, triggered by pressing 0-0-1. My bad as well as I accidentally had deleted the entry explaining that in the current version...

blip2
Host

Post by blip2 »

wolfenswan wrote:
There's no scroll wheel command. It's radio option, triggered by pressing 0-0-1. My bad as well as I accidentally had deleted the entry explaining that in the current version...
Sorry, that's what I meant. It still didn't work :P I found the entry and clicked it lots wondering if anything was going to happen (it was already quite dark by this point).

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

So, changes so far:
  • "Lay Low" now in the action menu (should be more robust)
  • Added VIP's simple mine system
  • Group leaders get a one-time teleport action when the killzone has been secured.
  • Evac vehicles are a bit closer now
Anything else?

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Lay Low action worked fine but setup still takes too long. SMS is nice but complicates things. Without MAT the ambush is rather hard and there aren't enough targets for the non-AT guys to shoot at if they armored vehicles are not dealt with.

Should the # of armored vehicles be reduced and more squishy targets be provided? Less pretty explosions. But I feel it takes away from the ambush-feeling.

I'M also considering splitting the missions in two separate ones as we never quite manage to get to the finish line. But the first part as a mission in itself might just be somewhat lackluster.