fa3_c58_LowTide

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_c58_LowTide

Post by wolfenswan »

Mission on Github

Current version: v1

As usual leave your feedback and thoughts.
Changelog wrote: Nothing yet

fer

Re: fa3_c58_LowTide

Post by fer »

Really fun mission overall, particularly as the enemy was defending in depth with overlapping fires.

As great as the UAV is for taking out enemy armour, it is a single point of failure for the platoon. The appearance of IFVs and an MBT later in the mission was almost too challenging for the platoon, because we had lost the UAV earlier in the mission and didn't have enough AT weapons within the squads. I would have been happy to swap the UAV for RATs in all fireteams and/or a squishy MAT attachment.

Similarly, I heard some criticise the UGV as being too powerful - eliminating targets before the infantry could engage them. An MMG team, or perhaps two, might work here; especially if equipped with medium optics.

WRT to the AO, the southern ridge was the obvious choice of approach - whatever the briefing says about the town being empty, as CO I was never going to risk getting into a FIBUA situation for a town that wasn't even an objective. Similarly, crossing the valley without control of the high ground (the ridge) seemed silly. If you want to take the ridge out of the equation, maybe find a way to deny it to the enemy as well? A rolling barrage would be cool :)