fa3_c38_altian_healthcare

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Milne

fa3_c38_altian_healthcare

Post by Milne »

Leave suggestions, comments, or concerns here about the Altian Healthcare mission.

Current Version: V2

Things to do for V3:
  • Multiple re-writing of AI scripts.
Version 1 to Version 2 Changelog:
  • -Gave back NVG's to friendlies and changed the Flashlight attachments to IR Lasers.
    -Utilized AssignGear AI on the enemies(removing their scopes and whatnot).
    -Renamed Technical Team group marker from IFV1 to TECH1.
    -Removal of excessive friendly AT assets(1 AT, 1 Grenadier, and one Rifleman per squad).
    -Slightly decreased the amount of AI and spread them out a bit.
    -Pre-Mounted the friendly units.
    -Removed extra vehicles at the friendly Base.
Last edited by Milne on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_c38_altian_healthcare

Post by wolfenswan »

Very traumatic/enjoyable experience, great first mission :D
  • You could make the technical driver an engineer. Simply set his unit class in the editor as such and change his assignGear type to "vd".
  • Having some indication on the map where enemies forces are expected to be would help with the initial transportation.
  • I think a slight reduction of # of enemies or stretching them out more would avoid the platoon being completely overwhelmed. Due to the hilly and forested terrain we are not going to get into too many long-range engagements anyway.
  • I think pre-mounting the squads would not hurt. If CO for whatever insane reason decides to hike the entire way they can just dismount but if he doesn't, then it saves us the whole logistics mumbo jumbo.
  • Mortar support (AI, via module) could be fun. There's an obvious reason why not to target the big base so it would be restricted to blowing up the trees and broken arrow.
  • This one's really minor but maybe change the technical designation from "IFV1" to "TECH1".

fer

Post by fer »

wolfenswan wrote:
  • I think pre-mounting the squads would not hurt. If CO for whatever insane reason decides to hike the entire way they can just dismount but if he doesn't, then it saves us the whole logistics mumbo jumbo.
Really, really enjoyed this mission, but agree with Wolfenswan that pre-mount is almost a requirement.

Milne

Post by Milne »

wolfenswan wrote:Very traumatic/enjoyable experience, great first mission :D
  • You could make the technical driver an engineer. Simply set his unit class in the editor as such and change his assignGear type to "vd".
  • Having some indication on the map where enemies forces are expected to be would help with the initial transportation.
  • I think a slight reduction of # of enemies or stretching them out more would avoid the platoon being completely overwhelmed. Due to the hilly and forested terrain we are not going to get into too many long-range engagements anyway.
  • Mortar support (AI, via module) could be fun. There's an obvious reason why not to target the big base so it would be restricted to blowing up the trees and broken arrow.
  • This one's really minor but maybe change the technical designation from "IFV1" to "TECH1".
I love the ideas, and always appreciate feedback on whatever I make. I'll see if I can address each of them...
  • I set both of the Techie crew members as Engineer's(and had respective vd and vg loadouts for the crew), and even tested them. But I'll make sure it works just in case.
  • I can put down some green circle markers where there is increased activity within the forests in between the objective as a helper for that. One thing I was worried of whether the mission would be too easy or too hard.
  • Slight reduction of enemies wouldn't be a problem, and before the reason why they were further north was cause I was afraid of really really early engagements, but I'll see what I can do.
  • I'll pre-mount the squads in the V2 of this mission, no problem. Something I overlooked, was that I was going to only have enough vehicles for them all to be used, but I didn't know initially how many squads I would need, so I just spawned a few and forgot to adjust when I finished.
  • This one I'm kind of iffy about(Mortar Support via AI) because I was thinking before about some in-direct fire support for this, but decided not to before. I'll put it in consideration for the next version though for sure.
  • Being new to the framework, I didn't want to mess with the pre-made ones too much on the first mission, but yeah, I really wanted to make something like that instead of IFV1.

Milne

Post by Milne »

Version 2 is here! Due to my issues with Arma having some FPS problems I didn't have time to mess with the mission again. Well, hopefully I fixed the problem because it's been working so far, and now I got more time to use the mission editor.

Though it has been posted on the main post already, for logging reasons, here...

Version 1 to Version 2 Changelog:
  • -Gave back NVG's to friendlies and changed the Flashlight attachments to IR Lasers.
    -Utilized AssignGear AI on the enemies(removing their scopes and whatnot).
    -Renamed Technical Team group marker from IFV1 to TECH1.
    -Removal of excessive friendly AT assets(1 AT, 1 Grenadier, and one Rifleman per squad).
    -Slightly decreased the amount of AI and spread them out a bit.
    -Pre-Mounted the friendly units.
    -Removed extra vehicles at the friendly Base.
And I tested multiple times and the Techie team's driver IS able to repair the vehicle, I don't know what the problem was last session with the V1.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Got around checking the mission in the editor, there are two locality issues that negatively impact server and mission perfomance:
  • BIS_fnc_taskPatrol must not be called from a unit init or it will be called times per connected clients causing major server FPS drop. (Same issue here). Calling it from the "on activiation" field of a move waypoint is the preferred method and will work fine.
  • A better way to load the reinforcements into the helo would be to use the F3 PreMount module or this in the group leader's init:

Code: Select all

if (local this) then {{_x moveInCargo HeliName} forEach units group this;};
  • createGarrison shouldn't be called through a trigger. It's technically fine but trigger's can be wonky. The method described in the guide is more robust.