fa3_a50_TheRundown

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_a50_TheRundown

Post by wolfenswan »

Mission by Tigershark. FIA-convoy vs. AAF in Little Birds.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_a50_TheRundown

Post by wolfenswan »

Thoughts after 13/04/2015:
  • There should be some scripted report to AAF where FIA has passed as otherwise the mission will always be about spreading out widely, hoping to see them, then scrambling everyone else once they do. Can be good fun but can also be as eventless as it was yday.
  • Maybe spawn FIA (or only the officer) at randomized positions along the east. Make that camp known to AAF. That adds some dynamic to the mission and forces FIA to move quickly.
  • Or, make it semi-cooperative: Place some (randomized?) AI-AAF roadblocks to force FIA to dismount and fight or take a long way around. These could also serve to report contacts to the players.
  • Civilian AI traffic would be cool but maybe also confusing/frustrating.

Eagle_Eye

Re: fa3_a50_TheRundown

Post by Eagle_Eye »

One minor gripe I have about this mission is the starting positions for AAF (and FIA i suppose too). While you dont want to premount everything and force people into certain vehicles, it is definitely best to position people a little more logically.

For the AAF, all of the alpha fireteams start behind their littlebird. Just moving A1 up to TH1, A2 beside TH2 (and B1 and B2 with TH3/TH4) would help the organisation tremendously.

I also think that having two squads might be a little bit overkill. I think one squad leader ASL, with A1/2/3/4, might be a little bit more streamlined. (ASL has a little bit more to do, but generally they just need to give the pilots waypoints and the FTLs can handle themselves) This just comes from last night when I was ASL, but I was basically just being ordered around by CO and tagging along with A1. Obviously this set up depends on number of players, but I think for < 20 it might help make things a bit more fun for everyone.

Same thing with the FIA. There have been a few times where mounting of vehicles has been a pain. If each fireteam spawned next to an empty defauly offroad, it might ease that confusion, and other empty vehicles could be provided behind/to the side, if the CO has a specific plan in mind.