cz50_airraid

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Eagle_Eye

cz50_airraid

Post by Eagle_Eye »

My first zeus mission, so comments or suggestions for future missions welcome.
It worked pretty much as planned.
Might alter the ORBAT slightly to include another chopper.

The one problem was that there was supposed be be 3 boxes at each crash site, and each box must be checked for the begin transfer action menu option. Unfortunately all 6 boxes spawned at one of the choppers, not the biggest deal but I will change for the future.

Sparks

Re: cz50_airraid

Post by Sparks »

ARGH, missed it :(
Did you manage to sort out that thing with the thing to cause the thingy effect?
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Eagle_Eye

Re: cz50_airraid

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Basic Idea of the mission is:

1) 2 ghosthawks are travelling a predefined route
2) When the ghosthawks engines are disabled and its going down, part of the rifle squad inside can be forcibly ejected from the chopper.
3) Not all at once though, so that if the chopper manages to land, the players need to clear the crash site of any survivors.
4) Once the chopper comes to a reasonable stop, 3 crates are spawned in a random radius around the chopper. 1 of these 6 crates has the intel add-action.

Its not entirely to your cruel and unusal specifications sparks, but I thought the actual mission itself went pretty well. The real draw for me is that the CO is invited to choose his battlefield, and has lots of freedom in how and when to attack the choppers. Then there is a nice bit of randomness in where the choppers land and the CO has to plan around the crash site.