fa3_cx80_crush_them_v1

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Ferrard Carson

fa3_cx80_crush_them_v1

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Has been played! Please to have feedback for glorious improvement of dying for motherland's geopolitical influence!

More seriously, some issues uncovered:
  • Wow, but that went a bit long... I need to find some way to chop that in half.
  • The static ATGMs are supposed to set up a cross-fire like they did, but they might be a little too extreme. Then again, maybe that's the point, since they only come to bear if the GONGs charge right up the ridgeline... There's just no middle ground between them and RPG-42 troopers, however, and those RPG-42 troopers made a poor account of themselves.
  • Need to re-name the IFVs to GONG 1 through 6.
  • I should get rid of the cute "less actual objectives than indicated objectives" trickery (currently, there are only 3 CTRG advisers to kill, but 4 markers).
  • I'll consider adding a trigger to notify people when a CTRG adviser has been killed.
Any other feedback? I'll toss it all into the incinerator consider it all equally!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

boberro

Re: fa3_cx80_crush_them_v1

Post by boberro »

I don't know for sure what squad I was in (joined after an hour on empty slot) but I think it was bravo. While I'm all for squad designated IFV (even make them part of the squad, if you ask me) this mission was a walking simulator - since it was on terrain with no forests with hardly any settlements, there was absolutely no need for infantry, and IFV did ALL the work :(
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I was also going to suggest that you chop it in half, but I also want to suggest incoming patrols from the North, they should be quite off at the start of course, but as we progress in the hills, with enemies to the South of us and incoming from the North, we could find ourselves in an ''interesting situation''.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

My one recommendation would be to maybe beef up the objectives a small bit.

Its hard to tell how hard the mission is when we have the IFVs doing so much heavy lifting. But maybe if there was a small H-barrier compound that needed to be cleared (and couldn't be by the IFVs alone), it would give the infantry a bit more work to do.