[Tue] 17 Jun 2015 (Altian elevator music )

How we died (in the future)
Eagle_Eye

[Tue] 17 Jun 2015 (Altian elevator music )

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Tonight a crafty gaggle of 15 Comrades came along for a truckin good time.

Tonight we played :
  • Super experimenatal presession test time
  • Rebel Alliance Part 3
  • Frini Fracas
  • Mailman
  • Altian Healthcare
  • Little Birdies
  • Air raid
  • Shipping Problems (Afterparty)
  • Zeus sandbox bonanza
We opened the night with a small band of rebels desperately trying to halt the rolling CSAT advance in the third part of the Rebel Alliance Series. Evil (and 30 mm cannons) prevailed in the end however, leaving the future of the rebel alliance uncertain.

Next up, A tense and action packed round of Frini Fracas meant saw the AAF and NATO clash at close range right in the heart of Frini, with the AAF once again snatching the victory with a dastardly escape into the hills.

The first of our two zeus sessions (and many thanks to comrade Netkev who provided our opposition this week) found us in the fields outside Kalachori. We held the combined might of the AAF/NATO alliance at bay, but unfortunately a downed chopper meant only the preapproved party engineers could board the requisitioned party bus and disco their way back to the FOB. Next time though, maybe you might bring the data with you?

Altian Healthcare brought the pace back to normal (which is to say we all died to 50 cals) as we had a nice drive/walk across the rolling altian hillscape, only to find a bunch of unwelcome guests when we stopped to refuel.

Little Birdies, the mission chosen by BIS to suffer the wrath of a thousand bugs, was this time plauged by the horror that is intelligent AI, as the FIA VIP switched the colors of his cars at the last moment [Thanks ARMA 1.46], snatching what should have been a sure victory from the hands of the AAF. (Although myself and Alpha 1 were forcefully grounded long before that)

Determined not to lose track of the enemy once again. The next mission ensured that the enemy were coming toward us. In Air Raid, we set up on a lovely little hill, and had a lovely little time shooting down NATO ghosthawks. This time we didn't forget the data! And not only that, we (uncharacteristically) didn't leave a man behind. As our merry band of comrades trucked across the salt flats to victory, even the enemy A10 couldn't stop us. (And don't worry comrades, the AI responsible for our flawless victory has been identified and has been sent to reconditioning camp, this will not become a recurring event)

One other piece of business. Tonight we gave a try out to new maps. Both the experimental (and highly volatile) new presession map, as well as the f3 zeus sandbox. These maps were something I put together to a) give guests something new and more varied during the presession timeframe, and b) have a nice FA-style zeus mission that we can play pre/post/between sessions, if people are so inclined. While they still have some kinks to work out, any feedback would be much appreciated!

As always, leave comments below of the interesting times, and please leave feedback for the mission makers in the mission making forum! If you have video propaganda, make sure to share, we can add it to our glorious repository

SuicideKing
Host

Re: [Tue] 17 June (Altian elevator music )

Post by SuicideKing »

The pre-session map was really cool Eagle_Eye! Proper firing ranges and all. Couldn't find attack helicopters though - are they none or were they all taken?

No proper AAR from me this time.

I faced very ironic mic issues tonight, thanks to having updated my audio dirivers earlier in the day. Mic wasn't boosted and recording volume was too low, I didn't even realise till I pointed out that Eagle_Eye's voice was too low (and to everyone else's amusement :lol: ).

There was this moment too:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com