[Tue] 27 Oct 2015 (Few but Many)

Post by blip2 »

Missions:
  • Cloud Line
  • Rebel Alliance Pt4
  • Appropriation Pt1
  • Jolly Blue
  • Gamey Mission (apres-party)
Tonight saw a moderate-to-mediocre turnout of 17 comrades, thanks to everyone who came along. Apologies for my faffing with admin shenanigans, I'm clearly out of practice!

We kicked off with a short but sweet run of Cloud Line where we managed to clear out the hilltop without much fuss. The rebels proved harder to deal with in Eagle_eye's Part 4 (of a now 9 episodes!) and the majority of the squad managed to make it into the compound from the low ground.
Blufor took a rather 'brute-force' approach to Appropriation (Part 1) and while they managed to make off with one truck, they were delayed just enough to allow AAF to secure an elevated position and suppress the rest of the fireteam.

We then adventured onto a Stormy hillside in Jolly Blue where there were (I hope) suitably challenging engagements while the helicopter flew around the map looking for a 'windfarm' (silly Altis renewable energy policies!). Gamey Mission was then played after much head scratching during the briefing, Blufor spent the first 5 minutes removing enemy ammunition from one of the trucks and then successfully exchanging the trucks to much hilarity.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Finally, some recommended reading for all comrades, new and old:
:v:

Kasmeister

Re: [Tue] 27 Oct 2015 (Few but Many)

Post by Kasmeister »

Cloud Line - as a DEMERIT TEAM KILLER

We started off by getting half of our team downed and killed coming up the hill. We took cover behind a bunker and i thought throwing a grenade at totally-not-where-netkev-was was a great idea. Then the 3 remaining people from my team cleared the barracks and we won the mission.

Rebel Allianca Pt4 - as a spotter for darkChozo (MMG)

We had the best job. Some people say being a sniper is the best job in the army. They are wrong. Being a... machinegunner is the best job. We calmy sat in a building away from actualy combat and popped shots at enemies far away when our whole army got destroyed. Finally we decided to move up a bit to help A1 because A1 was basically a couple of guys bleeding out on the ground. We run along with the perimeter when i came across a AR who started unloading his magazine onto me. I went prone and tried rolling into cover when i rolled onto a bush which blocked me in there. If not that bush we might have saved alpha 1 :(

Appropriation Pt1 - As a FTL for FIA.

The plan was to rush them, take their trucks and run away. Didn't quite work out. I pulled over way before i think i should have and we got decimated by AR fire from the bunker far high. I was able to get some grenades from my UGL into the window and eliminated that threat. Then there was pew pew pew revive me revive me pew pew pew and suddenly im all alone. I decided to fuck it,i got into a truck, slowly exited the base, and drove away while everyone was firing at me. When they finally stopped shooting they managed to pop one wheel off and damage the hull a lot. We lost unfortunately although i was still alive ;)

Jolly Blue - as the medic

I'm sorry to everyone i didn't heal but i had to heal everyone, constantly. This mission was a massacre, people were dropping dead literally in front of me, tracers flying right past me, literally 5 in a row centimeters off me, and i had to also heal people while there was chaos around me.

Literally me then.

I finally died when it turned out there were two guys with guns on top of the hill we were defending for 15 minutes.

Gamey mission - as blufor

I wish we could see your reaction when you found out your ammo truck has no ammo in it :D. I don't know if we won in the end because my internet got rekt, but it was really fun still.

Xostriyad

Post by Xostriyad »

Cloud Line
Fun small mission, the fire team I was in secured a church and the perimeter... pretty sure towards the end we were trading fire with friendlies in the main building... good times!

Rebel Allianca Pt4
This mission went south fast. As the machinegunner for my fireteam I was able to suppress and god decent amount of kills on enemies coming down off the hill but due to surprises (mraps and IFVs?!) and tactical errors (seriously, how did none of us see that hole in the wall you can drive a truck through?) we were left to bleed to death on the ground.

Appropriation Pt1
I liked this mission, would want to do it again. Died too quickly... myself and other brave FIA fighters were immediately in a kill zone with no overwatch. I was able to run forward and take some AAF scum by surprise. Found one carrying a PCML launcher go "Sweet! this will help with that loud machine gun I'm hearing" and sit there way too confused for too long as to why the PCML was both unloaded and the trooper carrying it carried no ammunition for it... and was shot dead. :psyboom:

all in all another fun outing with you guys!

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Gamey Mission: BLUFOR CO
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

No highlights this time around from me.

The SWS seems to be bugged with that session though.
2-3 times I was 'downed' but able to continue moving and firing after rolling over with my screen still dark and red out. This confusion lead to the demise of OneRaven :oops:
Still had to be 'revived' be someone in order to restore vision properly and such.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

Comrade Head is working on that issue Reppy :) We might see the solution to this problem soon.