[Sun] 6 March 2022 (The Valley of Death)

How we died (in the future)
NikkoJT
Host

[Sun] 6 March 2022 (The Valley of Death)

Post by NikkoJT »

A well-trained 19 infiltrators came along tonight for an evening of suppressive fire (ours and theirs).

Today, we hunted down some Spetsnaz even though they had a very angry helo (and even had some of the original crew left at the end); tried to retake a solar plant but parked our truck too close to the enemy PCML man; assaulted some caches but found ourselves in the same small valley as an entire enemy platoon; and finally pushed back the enemy's infinite Marids to take Malden airbase.

The next CDLC session will be probably sometime in March. Read the link to ensure you know the details!

Good news! We are trialling a new mission replay system! Check it out here and try the companion mod!

These missions were: Players are reminded that the #communications channel on Discord contains valuable information for every member of the squad.

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

You can review the missions we played tonight to improve your combat effectiveness score, using our R3 Mission Replay System. Remember, the Party is always watching! And so are your friends. From the grave. Where you put them. You monster.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.
FA missions & session host. Tank appreciater.

audiox
Host

Re: [Sun] 6 March 2022 (The Valley of Death)

Post by audiox »

Escalation Protocol : When in doubt, join the fireteam that has the mission maker as leader, a wise man once said to me. Which I did, and which didn’t help at all, as we all died on Hill 74. Then I resurrected as Bravo2 AR and died running down from Hill 74. What I learned from this is that I hate Hill 74.

Mission Notes : The setting seemed pretty decent, though I wonder if it perhaps blows its load a bit early. We really didn’t get to segue into movement and fire. It ended up as a “dismount we’re under fire” into a “oh shit kajman fucking trying to kill everybody” into desperate attempts at regrouping. Perhaps saving the Kajman for a bit later would be a good thing, so we’re not overwhelmed by something that has a pretty hefty CR (D&D bleeding through….) so early.
Also those marksmen ripped us apart, assets that can engage us outside of our effective range suck balls. Maybe make them a bit more inaccurate so they ploink us for ambience.

Burning Sunshine : Well, an enjoyable yet short mission. The plan was short and to the point, and it didn’t fall apart until we first encountered enemies. After some medium range ploinking at the AI the truck blew up and we did the craziest thing. We actually withdrew from the AO. I don’t know what you’ve been smoking since I last was here, but thats just crazy. (And also totally the right thing to do, don’t get me wrong.)

Mission Notes : Seems like a pretty cool mission. Nice setup, time to get organized in the AO before shit hits the fan, and an interesting area to clear out. A bit of a shame with the truck though. Dunno if it has a script for reduction of damage, but that might be an idea?

P90x La Riviere : Sector clearing with reasonably organized fireteams is good fun. Rhenium did well, and then we all died in the first engagement because the enemy was everywhere. Oh well. :shrug:

Reveille : This one turned out better than I expected. SlothDemon had his steady hand on the gas and brakes of Alpha 1, and the rest of the fireteam played ball with it so it was good. Pretty standard move and clear stuff.

Apex Predators : Jumping? In Arma? What is this madness? What have you put in the water supply?