[Sun] 13 March 2022 (Do they know its Christmas in March?)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Sun] 13 March 2022 (Do they know its Christmas in March?)

Post by audiox »

A super fine 23 weekend warriors showed up for some borderline competence tonight!

First we went for a walk down the road, and did super fine. Command won't care too much about the friendly IFV we blew up, i'm sure. :siiigh:
Then the Marid Brigade actually completed the objective and exfiled in a shooting gallery that lasted for 1 1/2 hours.
So nothing left to do then except make you all die in the snowy forests of Stratis, which you all did except for three hero medics++.¨
And then we had a nice little tank shootout between Opfor and Blufor. Where Blufor got to enjoy being exploderized.

Afterparty might still be ongoing but my game crashed so i'm out.

The next CDLC session will be probably sometime in March. Read the link to ensure you know the details!

Good news! We are trialling a new mission replay system! Check it out here and try the companion mod!

These missions were played:
  • Lost Sector : Rue Nord-Chauve
  • Marid Brigade Combat Team
  • Next Day Delivery
  • August Sword 32
  • The Floor Is Lava
Players are reminded that the #communications channel on Discord contains valuable information for every member of the squad.

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

You can review the missions we played tonight to improve your combat effectiveness score, using our R3 Mission Replay System. Remember, the Party is always watching! And so are your friends. From the grave. Where you put them. You monster.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.

audiox
Host

Re: [Sun] 13 March 2022 (Do they know its Christmas in March?)

Post by audiox »

Host Notes : So i haven't done this hosting bit in about two years, but i have to say everything seems to be just as i left it, which was nice to experience. Slotting was a breeze, turnout was high, and it seemed as if good times were had. Cheers to everybody for making it easy for me to host it all. Unsurprisingly leadership slots are still not always coveted, but we made it work without too much cajoling, so thats just par for the course.

Lost Sector : Rue Nord-Chauve : So i wanted to start us out with something that didn't require much planning. This mission is great for that as the extent of movement planning is "Lets advance down this road". So it becomes more of an exercise in fire and maneuver than extensive planning. I'd say it turned out all right, though our movement became a bit disorganized, and the fireteams seemed a bit all over the place. As i was in the lead element as an exchange soldier i couldn't really get a feel for Alpha's movement experience, but people seemed to be more moving around on their own than as cohesive fireteams.
Also us forgetting that we were CSAT and nuking that IFV at the end was some classic FA stuff. But yeah, it was a fun mission with lots of action.

Marid Brigade Combat Team : I was wondering how this one would turn out. At least from the perspective of a Bravo AR it was good fun with both shooty bits, movey bits, and waiting bits. I do wonder how Alpha felt on that hill to the west from mid-mission onwards, but Bravo got the hamlet clearing duty, and that had a lot of good moments, and MDeath kept us at least semi-focused and coherent. We were a bit lacking in actually using Buddy Teams as they should, but that can be worked on. And whilst looking for the second laptop we could've dodged and weaved a bit more instead of getting into firefights with soldiers outside of the hamlet, but eh, minor quibbles.
Other than that, Lexer learned that the AH1 slot is -always- a trap. And i'm SO SORRY for Bread? and Chrio? i think who i gave a respawn as Bravo Vic, which got them about five meters into the AO before they were nuked by a mission-spawned APC. That must've bun fun. :hist101:

Next Day Delivery : All right, time to crank the difficulty up a notch after two successful missions. Everybody loves sniper AI in forests, right? :suicide:
Anyway, this mission got fucked by us exposing ourselves to the south with Alpha whilst Bravo was doing something else in the bottom of the valley. Just to note, more often than not its a good idea to use squads as mutually supportive elements instead of independent units. Especially with squads such as the SL+6+Crazy-Ass-Custom-Vic we had going in this mission. So anyway, most everybody besides Vic+3 medics and a straggler or two were dead by the time we controlled the first two cache locations, so there was nothing else to do but to concentrate what was left of our forces and do some on the fly organization. Which turned out way better than expected. :jihad:

August Sword 32 : We really don't bring out vehicle on vehicle combat often enough. The mission itself was sweet and simple, and rolling around in a tank was good fun, even if i was stuck in that horrible horrible drivers seat. I expected this to be over way faster than it was, but that was definitely a good thing from my perspective. We took our time, did proper spotting, and avoided the allure of thunder-running it towards the enemy. So good job all around, even if BLU eventually got blasted to smithereens.