[GM] 9 Apr 2022 (A Meeting With Shrek!)

How we died (in the future)
Lord Palmzia
Host

[GM] 9 Apr 2022 (A Meeting With Shrek!)

Post by Lord Palmzia »

A nice group of 20 fairy tale creatures were dumped on our doorstep tonight for a glorious (and oddly successful) series of missions!

Firstly, we scaled down a cliff with our AFVs, and assaulted a town held by the greedy imperialists! All went well, save for the loss of Alpha vic, who even after having their commander killed, and vehicle destroyed, fought bravely to the last. Then, we gave Final Destination a second chance, and noticing the ambush early this time, managed to get out of it unscathed, although there were some close calls with friendly fire. In fact, The only casualty of the mission was Oyst's AI, who stayed behind and alerted us to the enemy sneaking up behind us, before unfortunately being overrun. Another notable moment was Quack's impeccable fireteam leading skills, almost managing to get his fireteam into a column, marching into the objective. A glorious sight to behold!

Tonight also saw the first use of CSLA maps, and to a great degree of success! And what better way to see the new map than to play in the middle of the night, in a swamp with super heavy fog! Despite these challenges, and the lack of GPS, good use of flares and communication managed to keep us from friendly firing at each other, and the mission went off without any casualties! Afterwards, we got lost in the czech countryside, and after having regrouped the fireteams, set off to ktzz... CO and.. kzzkt enemy forces ... at least four kzzt ... [.] [.] [.] ... So the way to the mining town was clear, and despite having some issues communicating with their FTL, A1 managed to catch up to the assault force just in time for the main assault. Fighting was intense, but the town was cleared without too much trouble. Thanks to a very proactive engineer team, the rest of the assault went forward with great momentum, and once again no casualties were sustained. Thank you all for coming, and may we have many more memories to come on Gabreta.

Runlist:
  • The Golden Goisse '83 [Co-op]
  • Final Destination '83[Co-op]
  • Swampcrawlers[Co-op]
  • Only Fools And Humvees[Co-op]
  • Sweet Mine 'O Mine[Co-op]
  • Rally: Ceske Zleby[Afterparty]
  • Rally: Southern Snake[Afterparty]
  • House Rules: W (X3)[Afterparty]

Hey if you're here reading this, and you haven't already, why not fill out this survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.

Aqarius
Host

Re: [GM] 9 Apr 2022 (A Meeting With Shrek!)

Post by Aqarius »

The Golden Goisse '83 [SL]
Got mildly ambushed on ingress, but casualties were luckily limited. I went ahead to scout, and with A taking up the rocks above and B the rocks below, the situation was soon under control. Problems started with the village assault, with AV advancing beyond infantry support, and getting killed supporting B, while A struggled to break into the buildings, pinned down by M113s. I'm not sure what our RPGs were doing, but when we got to the main square and took the church, I had a beautiful sideshot on the remaining M113, but was told A's RAT was dead and his tube lost. By the time I managed to track it down, B had reached the base and the problem took care of itself.

Final Destination '83 [SL]
We saw an RPG gunner before the ambush kicked off. I think he was dead before we even hit the ground. We cleared the killzone, and proceeded to squad-level bound our way to the castle, clearing out the insurgents along the way. No casualties to enemy fire.
Is this the first time we beat this one?

Swampcrawlers [A2 MG]
This one we got insanely lucky with. We basically walked in a straight line, directly into an enemy patrol, and mowed them down with them barely returning a shot, then ran into a tank, that didn't even move once, then immediately found the chopper, got the tape, and bailed straight the way we came in. I don't think we even lost anyone.

Only Fools And Humvees [SL]
They say the most dangerous thing in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass. I say it's desync.

Sweet Mine 'O Mine [A2 R]
FTL stroked out, so we left him to recover, and swept through the town, or what was left of it after the engineers were done with it, then ran single file through a minefield to sweep through the mine, or what was left of it after the engineers were done with it. Again, I don't think we even lost anyone. We're getting too good at this shit.
[/allegedly]