[Sun] 6 Nov 2022 (Live to Tell Their Tales)

How we died (in the future)
Costno
Host

[Sun] 6 Nov 2022 (Live to Tell Their Tales)

Post by Costno »

16 unstoppable soldiers traversed Altis, Tanoa, and Malden, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.

We started with a early morning raid on Tanoa: things went south quick as we were spotted right after we got ashore. We made steady progress towards the first objective, until our leading fireteam got clapped by an SPG round hurtling out of the fog. Our cohesion was shattered here, as well as at least four of our force. More SPG rounds were landing around us, and Syndikat were sending infantry forward to close with us. I'm not sure how we managed to make it out of this one, I just picked a house and kept shooting until the shooting stopped. Afterwards, we were reinforced and continued to the second objective. Things here went much smoother, we took another couple casualties, but that objective was cleared and the remainder of our force got out safely.

After pulling success from the jaws of defeat, we attempted an even more daring raid on Altis. As is tradition, we took our first casualty on the parachute insertion, but returned to our formation and pushed into the objective. FIA was ready for us, and began picking off some of our people as we closed in. We managed to get the data going, and fought like hell as FIA closed in all around us. Most of my fireteam went down, including my leader, but I took myself and the other survivor to the SL's group. The four of us bid a desperate retreat, passing by the remnants of the other fireteam. That other fireteam bought us enough time to get out of the village and into the valley. We never heard from them again... Our small band of survivors managed to make it out alive at least.

Third on the evening, we took a nice tour of the north of Altis. Our first engagement was elegant, peppering an enemy element in the open with a full fireteam abreast. Things went downhill from there however. I should have known that we were cursed in this one when my RAT missed two shots on static vehicles. He even let the other fireteam get to a target first... We stormed with the full squad into the woods and suffered typical forest fighting attrition. One person seemed to drop every minute or so, and progress was slow. When our OH finally identified our target truck, we had only a handful of people remaining on the ground. I decided to back out and flank around with our vehicles in a desperate bid to get to the objective. Standing between us and the target though was three armed vehicles, and the only RAT I had left had missed every shot so far.... And we only had three rockets. No room for error! By sheer luck we managed to take out those three vehicles and dash to the target without any of the four of us remaining even getting downed. We detonated the target, ran back to our vehicles, and I got domed. The last stragglers managed to get on the heavily damaged OH and make it to safety.

Finally we returned to an old reliable mission on Malden. The town of Saint Louis was crawling with NATO, until suddenly it wasnt. I don't know what to say on this one other than we absolutely crushed it.

Runlist:
  • Two in the Bush [Co-op]
  • Loose Ends [Co-op]
  • Lost Sector: Frini North [Co-op]
  • Saint Louis [Co-op]
  • House Rules I [After Party]
  • House Rules H [After Party]
  • House Rules G [After Party]
  • Crucible [After Party]
Hey if you're here reading this, and you haven't already, why not fill out this survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Players are reminded that the #communications channel on Discord contains valuable information for every member of the squad.

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

Remember, comrades: in the interest of furthering your tactical education, the Party presents a new archive of combat footage. Be sure to browse through, and learn what (not) to do.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.