[Sat] 12 November 2022 (Mr. Worldwide)

How we died (in the future)
Lord Palmzia
Host

[Sat] 12 November 2022 (Mr. Worldwide)

Post by Lord Palmzia »

11 of the 3rd's best fighters turned up tonight to help take the revolution abroad, to new shores! :fry:

Up first, we took to some Norwegian hills in order to recover a cultural artifact in a very scenic uphill battle. Strong leadership, a proactive medic, and the best damn assistant mg gunner you've ever seen (even though the enemy had the same belts as us, so I really wasn't needed), meant that the day was won with no casualties! Although, I can't say for certain that that number will remain zero once we listen to what we have recovered...

Following up this success, we took a trip to Germany's Not-Weferlingen Cham, in order to track down a modern major general, thanks to his overzealous radio messages. Unfortunately, he did indeed know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery, as the radio signal was a cleverly laid out trap! Despite a rather successful retreat, the enemy and their tank proved to be too fast, and overran the group. I managed to avenge us by ultimately destroying the tank, and wiping out roughly two fireteams, before disappearing into the woods, never to be seen again.

Next up, and for what I had planned to be a short "everyone-over-the-top-and-die-immediately" style mission, but a surprisingly, uh, alive IFV, and timely reinforcements meant that we actually made it over the top and destroyed several caches, plus an outpost! This was not without loss though, as Costno, Nikko, Chrio and Aquarius were all, at some point, blown apart by HE rounds. And those of us that survived after witnessing all that, well, we never really came home...

For our fourth mission, we crossed the equator, and found ourselves escaping a helicopter crash in sub-saharan Africa. The mission would have been an absolute disaster had it not been for the amazing skill of the recon team, literally saving the day at every turn, despite Alpha 1's best efforts. And finally, we returned to Cham to test out the winter variant of the map, which surprisingly didn't crash our FPS! The entire mission went well, except for Nikko, who sent poof. There was also a pilot to be rescued, though by the time we got to him, half of the building had been brought down by the enemy.

I hope you all enjoyed our test run of these new maps, and expect more fun to be had in the future!

Runlist:
  • True Believers[Co-op]
  • The Modern Major General[Co-op]
  • Gold Rush[Co-op]
  • Down and Out[Co-op]
  • Chilly Cham[Adversarial]
  • Rally:Monyet[Afterparty]
Hey if you're here reading this, and you haven't already, why not fill out this survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Want to find out exactly who shot you in the face with a burst of 6.5mm machine gun ammo despite knowing friendlies were approaching from that direction? I know it was you Hundenal! Look no further than our very own Ocap Replay System! It also comes with a companion mod!

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.