[Sun] 1 Jan 2023 (New Year, New Toys)

How we died (in the future)
Costno
Host

[Sun] 1 Jan 2023 (New Year, New Toys)

Post by Costno »

18 comrades came by the ring in the new year.

The first half of the evening was a showcase of Nikko's shiny new Active Protection System, which afforded our armor crews new confidence in the whole "Protected" bit of mobile protected firepower.

We started with a romp through two Altian towns, which had a short interlude midway through with our Tank and IFV duking it out with two enemy Slammers. With close coordination with dismounted infantry acting as spotters, our vehicles were able to successfully defeat the Slammers, which cleared the way for us to finish the mission.

Second, we made a desperate dash across the Livonian country-side riding in our upgraded Marshalls. This was relatively disastrous for us, or well, entirely disastrous for Alpha who disappeared from comms in the point blank firefight with an enemy fortification at our dismount point. Bravo squad was able to collect the two shell shock remainders of Alpha, and continue to another objective. The second objective was a slower battle of attrition, but thanks to some well timed reinforcements our team was able to clear it out and make a mad dash on the final objective.

Moving into the second half of the evening we went on our first helicopter ride of the year, destined for our first caches of the year. Our brave SL was sadly executed while crossing the street before the first objective, but otherwise we were able to ride our little birdies to both objective areas and extract smoothly.

To close it out the evening we returned to Altis and a familiar mountain-top defense. This ended with us being overrun, as AI with new aggression clipped their way up a staircase killing the remnants of our weekend warriors.

Happy new year everyone! And hey, I still have 10 Year Anniversary Patches to mail out. Send me a message on Discord if you are interested!

Runlist:
  • Blood Type [Co-op]
  • River Dance [Co-op]
  • Sympathy for Flight [Co-op]
  • Weekend Warriors [Co-op]
  • House Rules [After Party]
  • House Rules G [After Party]
  • House Rules I [After Party]
  • Minecraft [After Party]
Players are reminded that the #communications channel on Discord contains valuable information for every member of the squad.

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

Remember, comrades: in the interest of furthering your tactical education, the Party presents a new archive of combat footage. Be sure to browse through, and learn what (not) to do.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.