[CDLC] 9 March 2024 (Helicopter Submarine)

How we died (in the future)
Lexer
Host

[CDLC] 9 March 2024 (Helicopter Submarine)

Post by Lexer »

10 awesome Folks came along to this special CDLC session.

First up, we cleared some rebels out of a town. After an hour of carefully clearing about half of the town, the rest of the rebels ran away crying and we declared victory.

Next up, we tried to save some hostages from a camp and a boat in the middle of the sea. The ground team heading to the camp ran head long into an ambush and were quickly wiped out (though rumours say that the remaining members managed to take out an enemy emplacement by gloriously driving head long into it). The air team heading to the boat were waylaid when the gunner fell out of the helicopter when switching seats (remember to buckle in kids!). An attempt to rescue the gunner ended when the helicopter had a sudden ambition to become a submarine (which did not go well), and the gunner was lost at sea.

After that, we attacked some artillery positions quickly before their reinforcements arrived to overwhelm us. Except we didn't go quite go fast enough. And overwhelmed we were...

Lastly, we attacked a mine (excavation) surrounded by mines (explosive!). It was quite a slog but we managed to clear the enemy from the mine (excavation), without setting off too many of the mines (explosive). And absolutely no war crimes were committed.

The missions we played:
  • Street Sweepers [Co-op]
  • Fishy Business [Co-op]
  • Carnation Boom [Co-op]
  • Sweet Mine O' Mine [Co-op]

If you enjoyed tonight's session, please consider contributing to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions. You can send your last grubby potato using the Party's donation service (PayPal or credit/debit card options available)

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own. (now with lots of extra cool designs to choose from!)

You can review the missions we played tonight to improve your combat effectiveness score, using our OCAP2 Mission Replay System, for which there is also a companion mod. Remember, the Party is always watching! And so are your friends. From the grave. Where you put them. You monster.
Ask and you shall receive

Lexer
Host

Re: [CDLC] 9 March 2024 (Helicopter Submarine)

Post by Lexer »

Ask and you shall receive