FOLK IL-2 1946 Sessions - Thursdays, 19:30 (UK Time)

Flight sim sub-forums prior to 07 Nov 2014

Moderator: oldhosts

fer

Re: FOLK IL-2 1946 Sessions - Thursdays, 19:30 (UK Time)

Post by fer »

Comrades, I just want to make a long speech say thank you to comrade Egg for organising this event, and to any comrades that managed to attend. I shall also attempt to attend this coming week, as a brave-but-doomed gunner. One observation: the Folk style of playing ArmA didn't happen overnight, and was the result of both influences from other communities and natural evolution over the first few sessions. What matters most is that you get the first few sessions to happen, happen at a regular time, and have a good attendance. The details / approach you can evolve over the coming weeks, but bear in mind that the most important ingredient is the people.

:v:

egg651

Post by egg651 »

fer wrote:Comrades, I just want to make a long speech say thank you to comrade Egg for organising this event, and to any comrades that managed to attend. I shall also attempt to attend this coming week, as a brave-but-doomed gunner. One observation: the Folk style of playing ArmA didn't happen overnight, and was the result of both influences from other communities and natural evolution over the first few sessions. What matters most is that you get the first few sessions to happen, happen at a regular time, and have a good attendance. The details / approach you can evolve over the coming weeks, but bear in mind that the most important ingredient is the people.
Well firstly, thanks! Like I've said before, organising this was as much for my own benefit as anyone else's. ;)
As for the way in which the events are run - I am inclined agree with General Secretary Fer when he says that the most important thing about these events is getting people on board. If co-op missions aren't fun, then what's the point in doing them? However as a counterpoint, I would say that I could log on to a public no-holds-barred dogfight server any day of the week, rather than wait for a special FOLK session. But I digress, I will run the next session democratically. I still think that there is fun to be had in running through the Filthy Few campaign (for those that were there last week, that was the campaign with the F4Fs and SBDs that we did the prep/training missions for).

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

American planes are so dull, MiGs and I16s are where it's at.

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

Sorry, but I am not interested in dogfights mainly.

Harlander

Post by Harlander »

Thursdays, eh? That's my realside nerd club night, or I'd be in like Flynn.

egg651

Post by egg651 »

Soooo I was dicking about in the FMB with a FW190 w/Mistel. I managed to land said giant flying bomb and then fly off in my FW. Just. For a bunch of screenshots, see my steam page. Heck, download the track.

This is my favourite shot:
PUUUUUUULLLLLLL UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP

Xiathorn

Post by Xiathorn »

There is a risk I will miss this tomorrow. I just made plans earlier today and completely forgot about this. If it lasts more than an hour, I should be fully prepared to participate - I'll just be a little late.

PS. How do we feel about client-side mods? Without 6DOF I start to cry.

egg651

Post by egg651 »

Xiathorn wrote:PS. How do we feel about client-side mods? Without 6DOF I start to cry.
So long as it doesn't interfere with the server/other players, I'm fine with it. I'm not gonna start asking people to install stuff like Ultrapack, though.

egg651

Post by egg651 »

Well, that was fun. Personally, the BF109Z mission was my favourite, but I think the TB3 (SPB) one could be good if we didn't have to spend so long getting to the AO. Screenshot links below. I do believe Comrade Draakon FRAPS'd some of our antics, so hopefully we'll be able to purvey over that soon.

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

I accidentally rammed one of the motherships in the SPD mission. I was only trying to reconnect my plane, honest!

It was irritating having to play without a mic, but as soon as I get a new one, I'm sure we'll be having jolly fun in IL2 once more.