Getting an occasional DCS session going again

Flight sim sub-forums prior to 07 Nov 2014

Moderator: oldhosts

Macaco

Re: Getting an occasional DCS session going again

Post by Macaco »

Just to update this, it looks like a weekly DCS session is in the works with logistics as the current thing to plan out. I expect word will come once everything is ready to play.

Anvil, Multiplayer missions are basically the same, but instead of being by yourself with a mostly uncontrollable AI flight, you are with people who are useful and you can coordinate to more effectively and quickly accomplish the mission, sometimes with them leading and telling you what to do. Though you also have to not crash into each other while rolling in. I imagine there are more nuances than that but those are the big ones.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Well, cool! Let us know :)

zitron

Post by zitron »

For multiplayer, it will be helpful to know how to set your group IDs on the TAD, and sending/receiving points of interest to/from other people. Also learn some NATO brevity codes like "2, fenced in", "rifle!", "3, saddled" so we can look like pros.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

zitron wrote:For multiplayer, it will be helpful to know how to set your group IDs on the TAD, and sending/receiving points of interest to/from other people. Also learn some NATO brevity codes like "2, fenced in", "rifle!", "3, saddled" so we can look like pros.
The most important ones as far as I've seen are "rifle" so everyone doesn't freak out when M pops up on their rwr, and "in from the X" so people don't midair. Also as oyu said, group IDs and SPI/task sending.

Dannysaysnoo

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

Gonna practise some with the Black Shark. With TrackIR, the gun is way easier to operate. :D

Dabbo

Post by Dabbo »

Are these sessions still running? I have Black Shark (1), and A-10 - also, all I can do is take off and land at the moment on both vehicles.

Mr-Link

Post by Mr-Link »

Hi, I would also like to know if these are still running? I have FC3 and willing to get black shark 2 upgrade when it is cheaper.

Or, if you are willing to show the robes to a noob, how about BMS 4.32? :mrgreen:

zitron

Post by zitron »